- Tight wires which hold your world together
Tight wires which grip and bind
These wires will now be yours forever
They circle round your mind.
- Just like the earth flows free with water
Yet molten iron churns inside
Break the crust, disturb the order
And space will fill with screams and cries.
- Unknown to you, this wire's your life-line.
Its strength maintains the status quo.
And you must cling throughout your life-time
For chaos waits if you let go.
- The net it makes traps all your feelings
And once removed they'd scream and shout.
The shock they'd give would send you reeling;
As terror, fear and dreams pour out.
- If you permit, this vast explosion
Would permeate each tiny crack.
A universe of your emotion -
You'll never put your feelings back
to poem list Homepage